The Resource Mrs. John G. Harrison speech, 1909
- Mrs. John G. Harrison speech, 1909
- Inclusive dates
- Speech, 15 June 1909, given to United Daughters of the Confederacy Stonewall Jackson Chapter 1135, New Orleans, Louisiana, by Mrs. John G. Harrison, historian of the chapter. The speech relates the history of the removal of Jefferson Davis' name from the Cabin John Bridge and the campaign to have it restored. Located on microfilm frames 448-454
- Biographical or historical data
- Construction of the Cabin John Bridge began in 1853 as a aqueduct for water from Great Falls, Virginia to Washington, D.C. Jefferson Davis was Secretary of War in President Franklin Pierce's administration from 1853-1857, when the bridge project began and his department was responsible for the oversight of the project. His name originally appeared on the bridges dedication plaque, but was removed after the out break of the Civil War.
- Cataloging source
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
ContextContext of Mrs. John G. Harrison speech, 1909
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Mrs. John G. Harrison speech, 1909
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Sc1J_IpuIeg/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Sc1J_IpuIeg/">Mrs. John G. Harrison speech, 1909</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...