The Resource Rank roll of officers of the Virginia Line, 1776-1778
- Rank roll of officers of the Virginia Line, 1776-1778
- Inclusive dates
- Rank roll, 1776-1778, of officers of the Virginia Line written by Lieutenant Colonel John Cropper, Jr., (1755-1821) consisting of rank rolls of captains and field officers in the Virginia line 1776-1778 during the American Revolution. The ranking was based on length of service, and the date of appointment/promotion is included. Also includes regiment. This paper was found among Cropper's papers by his executor, Thomas R. Joynes (1789-1858), and sent to the Executive branch, 1830
- Cellulose acetate lamination.
- Biographical or historical data
- John Cropper, Jr., was born 23 December 1755 at "Bowen's Folly" in Accomack County, Virginia, to Sebastian and Sabra Cropper. He served as an officer in the Virginia Line during the American Revolution War as a lieutenant colonel of the 11th Virginia Regiment. He represented Accomack County in the House of Delegates from 1784 to 1788 and represented Accomack County and Northampton County, Virginia, in the state Senate from 1813 to 1817. Cropper married first Margaret Pettit (1755-1784), and they had four children. He married second Catharine Bayly (1771-1855) and they had six children. Cropper died in Accomack County 15 January 1821.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Rank roll of officers of the Virginia Line, 1776-1778
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Rank roll of officers of the Virginia Line, 1776-1778
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/SdO_IQVH8KA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/SdO_IQVH8KA/">Rank roll of officers of the Virginia Line, 1776-1778</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...