The Resource Buckingham County (Va.) Land Grants, 1804-1856.
- Buckingham County (Va.) Land Grants, 1804-1856.
- Inclusive dates
- Buckingham County (Va.) Land Grants, 1804-1856. The collection contains a deed and two land grants, as follows: a land grant to John Henderson, 1831 June 10; a land grant to Robert Rodgers, 1804 May 28; and a deed between George Montague and Lucy Ann his wife and Elisha Jackson, 1857 Apr. 29
- Member of
- Biographical or historical data
- Buckingham County probably was named either for the English county or for the duke of Buckingham. According to some sources, however, the name came from Archibald Cary's tract of land called Buckingham, on what was then Willis's Creek. It was formed from Albemarle County in 1761.
- Records were destroyed by fire in 1869.
- Cataloging source
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
- Location of other archival material
- Additional Buckingham County Land Records can be found on microfilm at the Library of Virginia. Consult "A Guide to Virginia County and City Records on Microfilm" found on the Library of Virginia web site.
- Buckingham County is one of Virginia's Lost Records Localities. Additional Buchanan County Court Records may be found in the Virginia Lost Records Localities Digital Collection.
ContextContext of Buckingham County (Va.) Land Grants, 1804-1856.
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Buckingham County (Va.) Land Grants, 1804-1856.
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/T7J4EStteto/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/T7J4EStteto/">Buckingham County (Va.) Land Grants, 1804-1856.</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...