The Resource Agency history
- Agency history
- Biographical or historical data
- The Virginia Tourism Authority is a political subdivision of the Commonwealth of Virginia, authorized to do business as the Virginia Tourism Corporation. The Virginia Tourism Corporation was created on July 1, 1999, and prior to that was the Division of Tourism within the Virginia Economic Development Partnership. The Virginia Tourism Corporation is tasked with promoting, advertising and marketing Virginia's many tourist attractions and coordinating with other private and public efforts to do the same. The corporation develops and implements programs to support, maintain and expand the Commonwealth's travel market and motion picture industry in order to increase visitor expenditures, tax revenues and motion picture production.
- The Governor appoints the Executive Director who serves as President and chief executive officer of the Virginia Tourism Corporation. The 15 member Board of Directors includes the Secretary of Commerce and Trade, Secretary of Finance, Secretary of Natural Resources, and 12 other member appointed by the Governor and confirmed by the General Assembly. The Board serves in an advisory capacity to the Executive Director, who serves as the Board's secretary-treasurer.
- The Virginia Tourism Corporation is headquartered in Richmond and operates ten welcome centers across the state and the Capitol Bell Tower in Richmond to provide information to people traveling in Virginia. The Virginia Film Office is part of the Corporation and works to attract film and video production to the state of Virginia, as well as support the indigenous production industry.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
ContextContext of Agency history
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Agency history
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/TUBQ8uEHRNQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/TUBQ8uEHRNQ/">Agency history</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...