The Resource Registers of treasury notes, : $5, $10, and $20, 1861
- Registers of treasury notes, : $5, $10, and $20, 1861
- Title remainder
- $5, $10, and $20
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Administration of State Government: Public Debt - Treasury Notes
- Volumes contain records of treasury notes issued in denominations of $5, $10, and $20 under an ordinance of the Convention of 1861, giving the date of issue, the number of the note, and the date paid. Volumes cover the following dates: 1 July-15 October 1861
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) (Search as Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928))
- Biographical or historical data
- The General Assembly in the Convention of 1861 passed an ordinance 4 December 1861 which authorized the Auditor of Public Accounts to issue treasury notes in denominations not less than $5, which were non-interest-bearing; these could later be converted into registered bonds of the state at 6% interest if they were presented in sums of 500 and multiples of 100 above that amount. Earlier ordinances passed by the Convention approved issuance of interest-bearing notes.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 321
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Registers of treasury notes, : $5, $10, and $20, 1861
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Registers of treasury notes, : $5, $10, and $20, 1861
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/TdOntMSDXbg/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/TdOntMSDXbg/">Registers of treasury notes, : $5, $10, and $20, 1861</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...