The Resource Minutes of the Virginia Safety and Health Codes Board, 1986-1992
- Minutes of the Virginia Safety and Health Codes Board, 1986-1992
- Inclusive dates
- Minutes and related attachments documenting the meetings and activities of the Virginia Safety and Health Codes Board. Also includes agendas, briefing packages, correspondence, transcripts and regulatory reviews
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Dept. of Labor and Industry. (Search Virginia Dept. of Labor and Industry as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- In 1962, the Virginia General Assembly established the Safety Codes Commission with power to make rules and regulations governing safety operations. The Commission was revised by the General Assembly in 1972 and continues as the Safety and Health Codes Board. The 14-member Board is authorized to adopt, alter, amend and repeal rules and regulations for the Department of Labor and Industry to protect the occupational safety and health of employees in Virginia. This responsibility includes the state plan agreement with federal OSHA to effect compliance with the Federal Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970, Boiler and Pressure Vessel Safety, and the Commonwealth's Asbestos and Lead Contractor Notification and Inspection Programs. Twelve members of the Board are appointed by the Governor for a 4-year term and, in accordance with statute, are drawn from various industries to be a mix of employee/employer representatives and the general public. The remaining two members of the Board are the Executive Director of the Department of Environmental Quality and the Commissioner of Health. Both positions serve ex-officio.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
ContextContext of Minutes of the Virginia Safety and Health Codes Board, 1986-1992
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Minutes of the Virginia Safety and Health Codes Board, 1986-1992
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Tj1YizUkQ0c/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Tj1YizUkQ0c/">Minutes of the Virginia Safety and Health Codes Board, 1986-1992</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...