The Resource 1853-1859
- Inclusive dates
- Local government records -- Virginia | Charlotte County
- General stores -- Virginia | Charlotte County
- Ledgers (account books) -- Virginia | Charlotte County
- Business records -- Virginia | Charlotte County
- Merchants -- Virginia | Charlotte County
- Cashbooks -- Virginia | Charlotte County
- Morton, David Holmes
- Bouldin, William Old
- Morton, Bouldin, and Gaines (Charlotte County, Va.)
- Morton, Bouldin, and Gaines Ledger, 1853-1859, is a cash book that records cash on hand and cash received on the debit side and cash paid out on the credit side
- Biographical or historical data
- Morton, Bouldin, and Gaines was a general store that conducted business during the mid-nineteenth century in Charlotte County. William Old Bouldin and David H. Morton were two of the partners. Bouldin also served a term as sheriff of Charlotte County.
- David Holmes Morton was a prominent merchant in Charlotte County, Virginia. He either owned or was a partner in several mercantile businesses.
- The ledger was used as evidence in the chancery case, Davis and Wood versus D. H. Morton and others, heard in the Circuit Court of Charlotte County.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Morton, Bouldin, and Gaines Ledger
- Location of other archival material
- For additional information see the Charlotte County Chancery Cause, Davis and Wood versus D. H. Morton and others. It can be found in the Chancery Records Index at the Library of Virginia web site. The index number is 1890-010.
ContextContext of 1853-1859
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1853-1859
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/ToTDUNKhg80/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/ToTDUNKhg80/">1853-1859</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...