The Resource Military commission, 1780 June 19
- Military commission, 1780 June 19
- Inclusive dates
- 1780 June 19
- Military commission, 19 June 1780, appointing Jacob Woodson a captain in the Prince Edward County, Virginia, militia. The commission is signed by Governor Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826). There are two copies of the commission
- Biographical or historical data
- Jacob Woodson was born 11 May 1748 in Prince Edward County, Virginia, to Obadiah Woodson and Constance Watkins Woodson. He served as a captain in the Prince Edward County militia during the American Revolution. A prominent citizen of Prince Edward County, he lived at "Happy Valley." Woodson married Elizabeth Morton (b. ca. 1756), 4 November 1773, and they had at least two children. Woodson died 5 December 1839.
- Cataloging source
- Location of originals duplicates
- The location of the original in unknown.
ContextContext of Military commission, 1780 June 19
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Military commission, 1780 June 19
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/TpEismygX30/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/TpEismygX30/">Military commission, 1780 June 19</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...