The Resource Amicus briefs of the Solicitor General, 1991-1993
- Amicus briefs of the Solicitor General, 1991-1993
- Inclusive dates
- This series includes both authored and joined (with other states) amicus briefs filed in various appellate courts. May include memoranda of solicitation from the National Association of Attorneys General soliciting an amicus brief on behalf of another state(s), copies of decisions, memoranda from Solicitor General to Attorney General, correspondence to and from other states, research material, and bound volumes of the final briefs as filed with the court
- Amicus (Friend of the Court) briefs are commonly filed in appeals concerning matters of broad public interest. A person or government with strong interest in or views on the subject matter of an action, but not a party to the action, may petition the court for permission to file a brief to suggest a rationale consistent with its own views
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Office of the Attorney General. (Search Virginia Office of the Attorney General as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- The Office of the Solicitor General is part of the Office of the Attorney General and is responsible for supervising and conducting the Office's appellate litigation on behalf of the Commonwealth in federal courts. The Office of the Solicitor General represents the Commonwealth in the Supreme Court of the United States, the Supreme Court of Virginia, and federal circuit courts in non-capital cases that call into question the constitutionality of a state statute or that bear on sensitive policies of the Commonwealth. These cases often involve major constitutional issues or have significant policy ramifications for the state. The position of Solicitor General has been held by: William H. Hurd, 1999-2004; Stephen R. McCullough, 2008-2009; E. Duncan Getchell, Jr., 2010-2013; and Stuart A. Raphael, 2014-present.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
ContextContext of Amicus briefs of the Solicitor General, 1991-1993
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Amicus briefs of the Solicitor General, 1991-1993
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/TvgF0TcyfPo/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/TvgF0TcyfPo/">Amicus briefs of the Solicitor General, 1991-1993</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...