The Resource 1777-1837
- Inclusive dates
- Witnesses. -- Fees -- Virginia | Prince George County
- Certificates -- Virginia | Prince George County
- Wills -- Virginia | Prince George County
- Judicial records -- Virginia | Prince George County
- Affidavits -- Virginia | Prince George County
- Sturdivant family
- Claims -- Virginia | Prince George County
- Land titles -- Virginia | Prince George County
- Prince George County (Va.)
- Public records -- Virginia | Prince George County
- Prince George County (Va.) -- History
- Records, 1777-1837, of Prince George County Circuit Court consist of Commonwealth claims of various county officials (1819-1837); certificates of witness attendance (1819-1836); and papers related to Lucy F. Anderson's claim to a land warrant due her on account of the service in the Revolutionary War of a relative Captain Joel Sturdivant. The papers consist of an order and affidavit (1834) presented to the Petersburg Hustings Court listing the heirs of Joel Sturdivant; the will of Joel Sturdivant (1777); and the wills of John Sturdivant, Sr., (1793) and John Sturdivant, Jr., (1795.)
- Member of
- Biographical or historical data
- Prince George County was formed in 1702 from Charles City County.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
- Location of other archival material
- Prince George County is one of Virginia’s Lost Records Localities. Additional Prince George County Court Records may be found in the Virginia Lost Records Localities Collection at the Library of Virginia. Search the Lost Records Localities Database found at the Library of Virginia web site.
ContextContext of 1777-1837
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1777-1837
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/UCqwhn2sbe0/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/UCqwhn2sbe0/">1777-1837</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...