The Resource Recollections of the last months in the Army of Northern Virginia, 1910
- Recollections of the last months in the Army of Northern Virginia, 1910
- Inclusive dates
- Military supplies
- First drafts
- Personal papers
- Confederate States of America -- Supplies and stores
- Ordnance. -- Confederate States of America
- Appomattox Campaign, 1865
- Richmond (Va.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- Batteries (Ordnance) -- Confederate States of America
- Colston, Frederick Morgan, 1835-1922
- Draft typescript, 1910, of an article, written by Frederick M. Colston (1835-1922), with reminiscences of his duties as assistant to the Chief of Ordnance of the Confederate army near Chester Station on the Richmond and Petersburg Railroad. Colston writes about the transporting and mounting of guns at various batteries in the area, visiting ordnance stores and reporting on their condition, the efficiency of the ordnance service, and he gives details on the evacuation of Richmond, the surrender at Appomattox, and his journey back to his home in Baltimore
- Biographical or historical data
- Frederick Morgan Colston was born at "Locust Hill" in Loudoun County, Virginia on 1 October 1835. He was the son of Josiah Colston (1795-1870) and Eliza Pendleton Tutt (1809-1879). Colston was a captain in the Confederate States of America Ordnance Department during the Civil War. Following the war, he married Clara Campbell in Baltimore on 28 October 1868. He died in there in 1922.
- Cataloging source
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
ContextContext of Recollections of the last months in the Army of Northern Virginia, 1910
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Recollections of the last months in the Army of Northern Virginia, 1910
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/UDUwyJBpnZk/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/UDUwyJBpnZk/">Recollections of the last months in the Army of Northern Virginia, 1910</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...