The Resource Court booklets, : indexes and lists, 1781-1783
- Court booklets, : indexes and lists, 1781-1783
- Title remainder
- indexes and lists
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Administration of State Government: Military Expenditures - Public Claims. Impressed Property Claims
- The records in this series summarize the information given on the certificates: name, date, type of property, and value
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) (Search as Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928))
- Additional physical form
- Also available on 4 reels of microfilm in the Archives Reading Room.
- Biographical or historical data
- During its session begun in May 1780 the General Assembly passed an act authorizing the governor to impress supplies needed by the American army. The governor appointed commissioners of the provision law in each locality to carry out the terms of the act. The commissioner, when he impressed property, gave the owner a certificate describing what was taken. Beween 1781 and 1783 county courts held special sessions at which certificates were presented and authenticated, and booklets listing authenticated certificates were compiled and sent to Richmond for settlement. Two commissioners appointed to settle the claims recorded those for which they authorized payment, and warrants were issued by the auditor of public accounts.
- During special sessions held between 1781 and 1783 local courts examined and authenticated certifcates for impressed property. Excerpts from the court minutes were prepared in several formats--as booklets, indexes, and lists--and sent with the certificates to commissioners in Richmond for payment.
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 242
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Court booklets, : indexes and lists, 1781-1783
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Court booklets, : indexes and lists, 1781-1783
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/UF-VM1e418k/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/UF-VM1e418k/">Court booklets, : indexes and lists, 1781-1783</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...