The Resource Records, 1787-1892
- Records, 1787-1892
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Administration of State Government: Funds - Sinking Fund
- The records in this series that relate directly to the public debt are the Certificates Redeemed, 1817-1826, 1830-1837, 1840, 1842, 1845, 1849, 11 inches. Also included are: Account, 1892, 1 item; Memorandum, 1792, 1 item; Minutes, Commissioners of Sinking Fund, 1861-1863, 8 items; Receipts, 1851, 1853-1854, 7 in.; Tobacco Accounts, 1787-1792, n.d., 2 in.; Voucher, 1892, 1 item
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) (Search as Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928))
- Biographical or historical data
- On 14 December 1787 the General Assembly passed an act establishing a sinking fund. Surpluses from other funds were placed in the sinking fund and the money was used to redeem the public debt. In 1792 the General Assembly passed an act abolishing the sinking fund, but in subsequent years frequently reestablished the fund temporarily in general acts appropriating public revenues.
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 156
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Records, 1787-1892
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Records, 1787-1892
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Uk-f7ube4Fw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Uk-f7ube4Fw/">Records, 1787-1892</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...