The Resource Richard Taylor Daybook, 1818-1819
- Richard Taylor Daybook, 1818-1819
- Inclusive dates
- Richard Taylor Daybook, 1818-1819, records Taylor's daily financial activities. Transactions were entered as they occurred and document both customer purchases and business expenses. Entries for customer accounts include the customer name, name and quantity of item purchased, price per unit, and total amount owed. Taylor sold a variety of clothing related items including cloth, buttons, hosiery, parasols, gloves, shoes, and jewelry. Throughout the daybook, Taylor notes payments for merchandise received. Taylor also entered several accounts for items put on consignment with local auctioneers
- Biographical or historical data
- A merchant operating in Lynchburg, Virginia, during the early nineteenth century, Richard Taylor specialized in selling ready-made clothing, cloth, and other sewing items.
- Cataloging source
- Location of other archival material
- For additional information see the Lynchburg (Va.) Chancery Cause, Abram North versus Richard Taylor and others. It can be found in the Local Records Collection at the Library of Virginia. The index number is 1821-089.
ContextContext of Richard Taylor Daybook, 1818-1819
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Richard Taylor Daybook, 1818-1819
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Um8w7XQgs2U/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Um8w7XQgs2U/">Richard Taylor Daybook, 1818-1819</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...