The Resource Account against the general government, 1814 Nov. 5-1817 May 29
- Account against the general government, 1814 Nov. 5-1817 May 29
- Inclusive dates
- 1814 Nov. 5-1817 May 29
- Contains a chronological account against the General Government from 5 November 1814 to 29 May 1817 presumably for expenses incurred during the War of 1812. The account provides the date, the name of the claimant, and the amount of the claim
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts. (Search Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- The United States Congress declared war against Great Britain on 18 June 1812 in response to British impressment of American seamen, violation of American neutrality, and blockade of American ports. The British responded by blockading the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay and raiding coastal settlements. In June 1813 the British attempted to capture Norfolk but were repulsed by militia stationed on Craney Island. Although actual encounters were few, the threat of attack kept militia in the field throughout the war, which ended when the Treaty of Ghent was signed on 24 December 1814.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
ContextContext of Account against the general government, 1814 Nov. 5-1817 May 29
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Account against the general government, 1814 Nov. 5-1817 May 29
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/UsES0MVP3x8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/UsES0MVP3x8/">Account against the general government, 1814 Nov. 5-1817 May 29</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...