The Resource Frank D. Johnson papers, 1929-1986, undated
- Frank D. Johnson papers, 1929-1986, undated
- Inclusive dates
- 1929-1986, undated
- Photograph albums
- Johnson family
- Personal papers
- Richmond (Va.) -- History -- World War, 1939-1945
- United States
- Fort Story (Va.) -- History -- World War, 1939-1945
- Johnson, Richard Sherwin, 1936-1965
- Fort Story (Va.) -- Photographs -- World War, 1939-1945
- Johnson, Frank David, 1912-1995
- Papers, 1929-1986 and undated, of Frank D. Johnson (1912-1995) of Richmond, Virginia, include an undated photo album devoted chiefly to his service with the 246th Coast Artillery Regiment band during World War II. Many of the photos in the album are captioned with the names of servicemen pictured, and were taken in large part at Ft. Story, Virginia. Also included is a scrapbook, 1929-1974, kept by Johnson, containing clippings about events and people at Ft. Story, passes issued to Johnson, programs from concerts given by the band, and photographs, including ones taken while the band was visiting Camp Chaffee, Arkansas, in 1944. Post-WWII entries in the scrapbook include clippings regarding the 1965 death in Vietnam of Capt. Richard S. Johnson (1936-1965), Frank D. Johnson's nephew; and several loose newspapers marking historical events such as the deaths of Presidents John F. Kennedy, Dwight D. Eisenhower, and Lyndon Johnson, the resignation of President Richard Nixon, and flooding in Virginia caused by the remnants of Hurricane Agnes in June 1972. Lastly, the collection includes a brief memoir of the summer of 1940, written in 1986 by Howard W. Worrell (1917-1998) and entitled "A Reflection with Hdqs. Battery 246th Coast Artillery."
- Biographical or historical data
- Frank David Johnson was born on 7 December 1912, to Asa Johnson (1872-1957) and Ethel Byron Chesterman Johnson (1876-1945) of Richmond, Virginia. He served with the 246th Coast Artillery Regiment band during World War II. On 19 April 1948, he married Margaret Estelle Gary (1913-2002). Frank Johnson died on 20 April 1995 in Richmond.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Frank D. Johnson papers, 1929-1986, undated
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Frank D. Johnson papers, 1929-1986, undated
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Uw027oFnhzQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Uw027oFnhzQ/">Frank D. Johnson papers, 1929-1986, undated</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...