The Resource Richard Parker law notebook, n.d.
- Richard Parker law notebook, n.d.
- Inclusive dates
- Law notebook, n.d. of Richard Parker (1810-1893), containing notes on various legal topics, including chancery practice, forms of judgments in appellate courts, forms of orders, bills of exceptions, and contracts
- Biographical or historical data
- Richard Parker was born in Richmond, Virginia on 22 December 1810. He completed preparatory studies, and then studied law, and was admitted to the bar and commenced practice in Berryville, Clarke County, Virginia. He held several local offices, and was elected as a Democrat to the Thirty-first Congress (4 March 1849 - 3 March 1851). Parker was then elected judge of the thirteenth judicial circuit of Virginia on 15 January 1851, and served until 1869. Judge Parker pronounced the sentence of death on John Brown, who was captured at Harpers Ferry after his unsuccessful attempt to raise an insurrection in 1859. Parker resumed the practice of law in Winchester, Virginia, and died there 10 November 1893. He is buried in Mount Hebron Cemetery.
- Cataloging source
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
ContextContext of Richard Parker law notebook, n.d.
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Richard Parker law notebook, n.d.
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/V14BKTSc154/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/V14BKTSc154/">Richard Parker law notebook, n.d.</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...