The Resource Journal, 1779 February 1 - 1781 June 19
- Journal, 1779 February 1 - 1781 June 19
- Inclusive dates
- 1779 February 1 - 1781 June 19
- These records contain entries for supplies purchased for the operation of the foundry, including food, rum, and wagon boxes. Also listed are the annual wages for some of the workers including slaves
- Additional physical form
- Microfilm available on Misc. reel 638.
- Biographical or historical data
- On May 22, 1776, the fifth revolutionary convention approved a proposal to construct a cannon foundry and a blast furnace for the manufacture of ordnance. A site at Westham, near Richmond, was purchased and construction began immediately. When it was completed, the foundry complex included eight blast furnaces, a boring mill, and the foundry, besides all the buildings necessary to house workers and store supplies.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Journal, 1779 February 1 - 1781 June 19
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Journal, 1779 February 1 - 1781 June 19
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/VGRsozxsL_g/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/VGRsozxsL_g/">Journal, 1779 February 1 - 1781 June 19</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...