The Resource Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Lucille G. Baker, 1937-1950
- Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Lucille G. Baker, 1937-1950
- Inclusive dates
- Wills -- Virginia | Richmond
- Richmond (Va.) -- Buildings, structures, etc
- Bona vacantia -- Virginia
- Personal property -- Virginia
- Insurance, Fire -- Virginia
- Insurance policies
- Baker, Wilbert T
- Insurance, Property. -- Virginia
- Deeds -- Virginia | Richmond
- State government records -- Virginia
- Escheat -- Virginia
- Baker, Lucille
- North Highland Park Land Corporation
- This collection consists of unclaimed property personal papers (Accession 43250) delivered to the Virginia Dept. of the Treasury from banks, executors, administrators or any other safekeeping repositories who have come into the possession of unclaimed property. Typically these personal papers will include correspondence, financial records, and legal or business papers from estates with unknown heirs
- Lot 390224 contains an assignment slip for the Works Program for Wilber T. Baker, dated 31 August 1937; hospital service contracts for W.T. Baker and Lucille G. Baker, dated 16 May 1938; a sales contract for property located in Richmond, Virginia, dated 31 May 1939; a deed made between North Highland Park Land Corporation and Wilbert T. Baker and Lucille G. Baker for property located in Richmond, Virginia, dated 6 June 1939; a property insurance policy covering a home located in Richmond, Virginia, dated 12 June 1939; a fire insurance policy covering a home located in Richmond, Virginia, dated 14 December 1939; a City of Richmond, Bureau of Fire Prevention permit for oil storage issued to Wilbert Baker, dated 5 January 1940; the last will and testament of Wilbert Thomas Baker, dated 26 September 1950; and the last will and testament of Lucille Haynes Baker of the same date
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Dept. of the Treasury. (Search Virginia Dept. of the Treasury as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- The Treasurer is the custodian of any property presumed abandoned and remitted to the state's custody for safekeeping. The intangible personal property is retained by the Treasurer after being declared unclaimed, for eventual delivery to the person claiming an interest in said property pursuant to Sections 55-210.20 through 55-210.22 of the Code of Virginia. Per Library of Virginia retention schedule 152-006, intangible personal property records are retained by the Dept. of Treasury for 20 years and then any records deemed archival are transferred to the Library of Virginia for permanent retention.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
ContextContext of Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Lucille G. Baker, 1937-1950
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Lucille G. Baker, 1937-1950
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/VGqRWTi1zKE/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/VGqRWTi1zKE/">Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Lucille G. Baker, 1937-1950</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...