The Resource Surveys from the Virginia Land Office records, 1779-1963
- Surveys from the Virginia Land Office records, 1779-1963
- Inclusive dates
- Recorded plats and descriptions of lands on which grants have been issued since the establishment of the commonwealth Land Office. The name of the individual for whom the survey was made, the county in which the land was located, the number of acres in the tract, its metes and bounds, the date of the survey, and the names of the chain carriers and the surveyor are given. Accompanying papers, such as assignments, are recorded along with the survey, but accompanying warrants are not recorded. Since the surveys are entered by the date the grant was issued and not the date they were made, many of the papers predate 1779. Marginal notes indicate when the survey was received in the office as well as the date on which the grant was signed. Accompaying papers for land granted since 1963 have not included plats. The last two volumes are negative photostats
- The volumes are numbered 1-51, A-Z, A2-P2 (including G3), 1-10; of the last ten volumes, numbers 5-8 are labeled Record of Surveys. Each volume is indexed individually, except R, which has a separate index, and Z, D2, E2, F2, and 9 and 10 in the second numeration which have no indexes
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Land Office (Search Virginia Land Office as author).
- Additional physical form
- Also available on on microfilm, Land Office reels 191-287.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 41
- Citation source
- Land Office Inventory
ContextContext of Surveys from the Virginia Land Office records, 1779-1963
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Surveys from the Virginia Land Office records, 1779-1963
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/VOPwmuGQW6w/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/VOPwmuGQW6w/">Surveys from the Virginia Land Office records, 1779-1963</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...