The Resource Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Joseph C. Finegan, 1942-1952
- Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Joseph C. Finegan, 1942-1952
- Inclusive dates
- This collection consists of unclaimed property personal papers (Accession 43250) delivered to the Virginia Dept. of the Treasury from banks, executors, administrators or any other safekeeping repositories who have come into the possession of unclaimed property. Typically these personal papers will include correspondence, financial records, and legal or business papers from estates with unknown heirs
- Lot 801762 contains a notice of separation from the U. S. Naval Service for Joseph C. Finegan, dated 29 September 1945; a certificate of death for Charles J. Finegan, date of death 10 Feburary 1944, in Alexandria, Virginia; a handwritten receipt for payment on a cemetery lot, dated 2 March 1944; a Veterans Administration certificate of eligibility for Joseph C. Finegan, dated 19 June 1946; a real estate sales contract for property located in Alexandria, Virginia, dated 3 November 1951; and a title insurance policy for property located in the City of Alexandria, Virginia, dated 11 February 1952
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Dept. of the Treasury. (Search Virginia Dept. of the Treasury as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- The Treasurer is the custodian of any property presumed abandoned and remitted to the state's custody for safekeeping. The intangible personal property is retained by the Treasurer after being declared unclaimed, for eventual delivery to the person claiming an interest in said property pursuant to Sections 55-210.20 through 55-210.22 of the Code of Virginia. Per Library of Virginia retention schedule 152-006, intangible personal property records are retained by the Dept. of Treasury for 20 years and then any records deemed archival are transferred to the Library of Virginia for permanent retention.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
ContextContext of Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Joseph C. Finegan, 1942-1952
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Joseph C. Finegan, 1942-1952
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/VUyeeiPoheA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/VUyeeiPoheA/">Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Joseph C. Finegan, 1942-1952</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...