The Resource Papers, 1830-1846
- Papers, 1830-1846
- Inclusive dates
- Education, Elementary -- Virginia
- Schools -- Virginia
- Virginia Military Institute
- Teachers -- Virginia
- Stith, Rebecca Harris, 1800-1880
- Richmond (Va.) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century
- Animal welfare -- Moral and ethical aspects
- Personal papers -- Virginia | Richmond
- Stith, William Hume, 1823-1900
- Letters (correspondence)
- Stith family
- Lexington (Va.) -- History -- 19th century
- Richmond (Va.) -- History -- 19th century
- Human beings
- Personal papers -- Virginia | Lexington
- Papers, 1830-1846, of William Hume Stith (1823-1900) of Richmond, Virginia, consisting of a letter, from Stith to his mother Rebecca Harris Stith (1800-1880) asking after her and his siblings; essays, 1842, written at the Virginia Military Institute titled "Man," "Cruelty to animals," and "On the works of nature;" an advertisement, 30 June 1846, for a "Proposal for the opening of a school for children of both sexes."
- Biographical or historical data
- William Hume Stith was born 23 May 1823 in Richmond, Virginia, to William Hewitt Stith (1800-1837) and Rebecca Harris Stith (1800-1880). He graduated from the Virginia Military Institute in 1845. Stith served in the United States Army Corps of Engineers, then for the Confederate Army Corps of Engineers during the Civil War. After the war ended, he returned to Richmond and worked as a civil engineer. Stith married Fannie Evans (1837-1906) in 1856, and they had eight children. Stith died in Richmond 20 September 1900, and was buried in Hollywood Cemetery.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Papers, 1830-1846
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Papers, 1830-1846
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/VlEk_CGF7g8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/VlEk_CGF7g8/">Papers, 1830-1846</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...