The Resource Luray and Front Royal Turnpike Company records, 1851-1871
- Luray and Front Royal Turnpike Company records, 1851-1871
- Inclusive dates
- These records contain letters sent, reports, lists of stockholders, and certificates of stock subscriptions, for the years 1851-1856, 1858-1859, 1860, 1865, 1871
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works (search author as Virginia Board of Public Works)
- Biographical or historical data
- An act of the General Assembly passed March 31, 1851, approved incorporation of the Luray and Front Royal Turnpike Company to construct a road from Luray in Page County to Front Royal in Warren County. Capital stock was set at $20,000, with the Board of Public Works authorized to subscribe to $12,000. Capital was increased February 14, 1853 to $30,000 to extend the road to some point at or near Conrad's store on the Rockingham Turnpike, and an additional $10,000 to enable the company to metal parts of the road between Luray and Front Royal as they determine necessary. March 22, 1853, the county court of Warren County was authorized to subscribe to capital stock.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 314
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works inventory
ContextContext of Luray and Front Royal Turnpike Company records, 1851-1871
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Luray and Front Royal Turnpike Company records, 1851-1871
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/VxrAkxVjv4A/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/VxrAkxVjv4A/">Luray and Front Royal Turnpike Company records, 1851-1871</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...