The Resource 1864 Aug. 9
- 1864 Aug. 9
- Inclusive dates
- 1864 Aug. 9
- Gregg, Theodore, d. 1878
- Bartlett, William Francis, 1840-1876
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Participation, African American
- Petersburg Crater, Battle of, Va., 1864
- Personal papers
- United States. -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Campaigns
- Military records
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives, Union
- Virginia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States
- This accession consists of a detailed report of the battle of the Crater (Petersburg, Va.). Includes information on the participation of the 45th Pennsylvania Infantry and African American troops in the assault. The report, dated 9 August 1864, was written by Captain Theodore Gregg, 45th Pennsylvania Infantry Regiment, to Colonel Zenas Bliss, 1st Brigade, 2nd Division, 9th Army Corps
- Additional physical form
- Printed in WAR OF THE REBELLION: A COMPILATION OF THE OFFICIAL RECORDS OF THE UNION AND CONFEDERATE ARMIES, Series I, Volume XL, Part I, p. 553-556.
- Biographical or historical data
- The 45th Pennsylvania Infantry Regiment was organized at Camp Curtin, Harrisburg, Pa., on October 21, 1861, with Thomas Welsh serving as Colonel.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
ContextContext of 1864 Aug. 9
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1864 Aug. 9
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/WRzH8IxTZp4/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/WRzH8IxTZp4/">1864 Aug. 9</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...