The Resource Accounts with inspectors of tobacco ledger, 1781-1789
- Accounts with inspectors of tobacco ledger, 1781-1789
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Administration of State Government: Officers of State Government - Inspectors. Tobacco and Flour Inspectors
- Volume contains accounts with inspectors of tobacco for duties assessed and collected for the period between November 1781 and December 1789
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) (Search as Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928))
- Biographical or historical data
- The General Assembly passed an act regulating the inspection of tobacco during its session begun in October 1777. Inspectors were nominated by county courts and commissioned by the governor. They inspected and graded tobacco, weighed hogsheads, and maintained records of the movement of tobacco in and out of public warehouses. Owners of tobacco were entitled to reimbursement for property destroyed in warehouse fires, upon certification by the inspectors. Periodic reports were made by the inspectors to the auditor of public accounts.
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 298
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Accounts with inspectors of tobacco ledger, 1781-1789
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Accounts with inspectors of tobacco ledger, 1781-1789
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Wqxg6HQ_4FQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Wqxg6HQ_4FQ/">Accounts with inspectors of tobacco ledger, 1781-1789</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...