The Resource Minutes of the Virginia Board of Juvenile Justice, 1989-2003
- Minutes of the Virginia Board of Juvenile Justice, 1989-2003
- Inclusive dates
- Contains meeting minutes of the Board of Juvenile Justice, previously known as the Board of Youth Services (1989-1990) and the Board of Youth and Family Services (1990-1996). The minutes include the names of the members present, the approval of previous minutes, and discussion of a variety of youth and family-related topics such as deliquency prevention, juvenile detention and group homes, crime legislation, and substance abuse programs
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Dept. of Juvenile Justice. (Search author as Dept. of Juvenile Justice).
- Biographical or historical data
- The State Board of Youth Services was created in 1989 (Code of Virginia, 66-4) and consists of seven members appointed by the Governor. The Board meets five times each year at locations around the state. The name changed to the Board of Youth and Family Services in 1990, and it was renamed the Board of Juvenile Justice in 1996. Title 66 of the Code went into effect on 1 July 1990, though the Board was formed and began meeting in July 1989. The Department of Youth and Family Services was also created by the 1989 General Assembly (Code of Virginia, 66-1) and was formally separated from the Department of Corrections on 1 July 1990. It became known as the Department of Juvenile Justice in 1996.
- The Board of Juvenile Justice was created to ensure the development and implementation of a long-range youth services policy. The Board advises the Governor, the Director of the Department of Juvenile Justice, and the General Assembly on matters related to youth services. The Department of Juvenile Justice reviews existing policies and assists the Board in development of new policies. The Board of Juvenile Justice is a policy board, and is charged by law with adopting and monitoring regulations and policies for juvenile justice programs.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
ContextContext of Minutes of the Virginia Board of Juvenile Justice, 1989-2003
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Minutes of the Virginia Board of Juvenile Justice, 1989-2003
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/WtWHvpZg3rw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/WtWHvpZg3rw/">Minutes of the Virginia Board of Juvenile Justice, 1989-2003</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...