The Resource Warren County (Va.) Circuit Superior Court of Law and Chancery, 1836-1852
- Warren County (Va.) Circuit Superior Court of Law and Chancery, 1836-1852
- Inclusive dates
- Warren County (Va.) Circuit Superior Court of Law and Chancery, 1836-1852, includes Executions, Issue Docket, Writ Docket, and a Memorandum Book
- Biographical or historical data
- Warren County was named for Joseph Warren, the revolutionary patriot who sent Paul Revere and William Dawes on their famous rides and who was killed at the Battle of Bunker Hill. The county was formed from Frederick and Shenandoah counties in 1836.
- A writ is a written judicial order to perform a specified act, or giving authority to have it done. A writ is a written court order of a judicial process, directing that a sheriff or other judicial officer do what is commanded by the writ; or giving authority and commission to hav it done. The Writ Docket is a book that have brief entries concerning writs that are being enforced.
- An executions is a court order directing a sheriff or other officer to enforce a judgment, usually by seizing and selling the judgment debtor's property. An execution shows notices of process, names of all parties, amount of judgment, date of execution, return date and sheriff's return.
- An issue is the act of issuing or promulgating; e.g. to issue an order or writ. An Issue Docket is the record of issuance, showing parties' names, actions, and remarks.
- A Memorandum Book is used for notations of entries to be made in other books.
- Cataloging source
- Location of other archival material
- Additional Warren County Court Records can be found on microiflm at the Library of Virginia. Consult "A Guide to Virginia County and City Records on Microfilm" found on the Library of Virginia web site.
ContextContext of Warren County (Va.) Circuit Superior Court of Law and Chancery, 1836-1852
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Warren County (Va.) Circuit Superior Court of Law and Chancery, 1836-1852
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/X1Kalykjhz0/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/X1Kalykjhz0/">Warren County (Va.) Circuit Superior Court of Law and Chancery, 1836-1852</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...