The Resource Accounts and vouchers, 1776-1777
- Accounts and vouchers, 1776-1777
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Administration of State Government: Funds - Salt Fund
- This series contains accounts and vouchers from private individuals for the delivery of salt for public distribution and a memorandum of salt ordered to be delivered to counties, first and second allotments
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) (Search as Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928))
- Biographical or historical data
- In May, 1776, an ordinance for erecting salt works at public expense was adopted. In May, 1777, this ordinance was replaced with an "Act for encouraging the making of salt," which appointed managers of the salt works, stated their duties, and assigned compensation. In addition, it provided for a bounty to "private adventurers" in order to procure "a speedy supply of so necessary an article."
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 155a
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Accounts and vouchers, 1776-1777
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Accounts and vouchers, 1776-1777
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/XEkNMDd2-mA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/XEkNMDd2-mA/">Accounts and vouchers, 1776-1777</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...