The Resource Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Ernest Gordon, Jr., 1946-1980
- Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Ernest Gordon, Jr., 1946-1980
- Inclusive dates
- This collection consists of unclaimed property personal papers (Accession 50624) delivered to the Virginia Dept. of the Treasury from banks, executors, administrators or any other safekeeping repositories who have come into the possession of unclaimed property. Typically these personal papers will include correspondence, financial records, and legal or business papers from estates with unknown heirs
- Lot 12269 contains a Bank of Virginia savings passbook for Annie Mae Gordon, 1969-1979; a union membership card for Annie Gordon, 1980; a membership card for the Senior Citizens Center in Portsmouth for Annie Gordon, 1980; a series of florists' cards sent for the funeral of Annie Mae Gordon, 1980; an invoice from the Fisher Funeral Home for the burial of Annie Mae Gordon, sent to Ernest Gordon Jr, 1980; a bond for Ernest Gordon Jr. as administrator of the estate of Annie M. Gordon, 1980; a marriage certificate for Wallace Brown and Deborah Hill, 1946; divorce records for Deborah Hill Brown and Wallace Brown, 1958; and a marriage certificate for Ernest Gordon Jr and Deborah Hill Brown, 1978
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Dept. of the Treasury. (Search Virginia Dept. of the Treasury as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- The Treasurer is the custodian of any property presumed abandoned and remitted to the state's custody for safekeeping. The intangible personal property is retained by the Treasurer after being declared unclaimed, for eventual delivery to the person claiming an interest in said property pursuant to Sections 55-210.20 through 55-210.22 of the Code of Virginia. Per Library of Virginia retention schedule 152-006, intangible personal property records are retained by the Dept. of Treasury for 20 years and then any records deemed archival are transferred to the Library of Virginia for permanent retention.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Ernest Gordon, Jr., 1946-1980
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Ernest Gordon, Jr., 1946-1980
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/XEygSA-Ugt0/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/XEygSA-Ugt0/">Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Ernest Gordon, Jr., 1946-1980</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...