The Resource Return of clothing, 1782
- Return of clothing, 1782
- Inclusive dates
- Virginia -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Equipment and supplies
- Virginia -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783
- State government records -- Virginia
- Wagons -- Virginia
- United States. -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Equipment and supplies. -- Revolution, 1775-1783
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783
- Contains a return of clothing delivered from different counties since the last Assembly. The return was completed by the War Office on 24 May 1782. The return enumerates the amount of shirts, overalls, hats, & shoes provided by each county
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts. (Search Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- The General Assembly passed an act at its October 1780 session for supplying the army with clothes, provisions, and wagons. The act contained a provision that every county and corporation furnish a specific number of suits of clothes consisting of two shirts, overalls, stockings, shoes, and a hat or cap.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
ContextContext of Return of clothing, 1782
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Return of clothing, 1782
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/XQ1j1xZ_cMM/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/XQ1j1xZ_cMM/">Return of clothing, 1782</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...