The Resource Letter of Zephaniah Turner, 1782 Aug. 13 & 30
- Letter of Zephaniah Turner, 1782 Aug. 13 & 30
- Inclusive dates
- 1782 Aug. 13 & 30
- United States. -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Claims -- Virginia
- United States
- State government records -- Virginia
- Finance, Public -- United States -- 18th century
- Letters (correspondence)
- Finance, Public -- Virginia -- 18th century
- Virginia -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Claims
- Contains a copy of a letter from Z[ephaniah] T[urner], Commissioner for adjusting the accounts in the state of Virginia, to R[obert] M[orris], Office of Finance, regarding compensation to the states, especially the middle or southern states, for constantly calling out their militia to repel the invaders. According to Turner, this expense is not allowed by the resolves of Congress. Includes a response from Morris dated 30 August stating that the resolutions of Congress cannot be changed or annulled
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts. (Search Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- Congress passed an act on 20 February 1782 for the settlement of accounts between the United States and the several states for expenses incurred during the Revolutionary War. Zephaniah Turner, a citizen of Maryland, was nominated by Robert Morris, Office of Finance, as commissioner for the settlement of accounts between the United States and Virginia. Turner took the oath of office on 22 September 1783.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
ContextContext of Letter of Zephaniah Turner, 1782 Aug. 13 & 30
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Letter of Zephaniah Turner, 1782 Aug. 13 & 30
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/XZOO0Z35Rpw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/XZOO0Z35Rpw/">Letter of Zephaniah Turner, 1782 Aug. 13 & 30</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...