The Resource Account of Sampson Mathews and Alexander Sinclair, 1777
- Account of Sampson Mathews and Alexander Sinclair, 1777
- Inclusive dates
- Contains an account of Sampson Mathews & Alexander Sinclair as managers of the Sail Duck Manufactory. Includes expenses such as spinning wheels, nails, quarrying stone, looms, carpenter, etc
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts. (Search Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- An act of the General Assembly was passed in October 1776 for making a farther provision for the internal security and defence of this country. This act, among other things, authorized the commissioners of the navy to provide for the building of two frigates and four gallies. The act also appointed Sampson Mathews and Alexander Sinclair as trustees for establishing, at public expense, a manufactory for the making of sail duck for these gallies. The sail duck manufactory was established in Staunton, Virginia.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
ContextContext of Account of Sampson Mathews and Alexander Sinclair, 1777
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Account of Sampson Mathews and Alexander Sinclair, 1777
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/XgxZj0dlL6k/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/XgxZj0dlL6k/">Account of Sampson Mathews and Alexander Sinclair, 1777</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...