The Resource Fincastle and Blue Ridge Turnpike Company records, 1833-1852
- Fincastle and Blue Ridge Turnpike Company records, 1833-1852
- Inclusive dates
- The records contain letters sent, field notes (1833), 1 vol., map, n.d., reports, lists of stockholders, certificates of stock subscriptions, and contracts
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works (search author as Virginia Board of Public Works)
- Biographical or historical data
- An act of the General Assembly approved February 20, 1830, incorporated the Fincastle and Blue Ridge Turnpike Company to construct a turnpike road from Fincastle in Botetourt County to intersect the Lynchburg and Salem Turnpike at some appropriate point. Stock certificates were limited to $15,000. Should Noffsinger's Gap be selected as the best point to cross the Blue Ridge, the Company was authorized to extend the road from Fincastle to the western extremity of the road. Capital was reduced to $8,000 February 26, 1833, with the Board of Public Works picking up 2/5 of the stock.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 254
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works inventory
ContextContext of Fincastle and Blue Ridge Turnpike Company records, 1833-1852
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Fincastle and Blue Ridge Turnpike Company records, 1833-1852
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Xj2BWitlFHc/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Xj2BWitlFHc/">Fincastle and Blue Ridge Turnpike Company records, 1833-1852</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...