The Resource Military pay certificates, 1782-1783
- Military pay certificates, 1782-1783
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Administration of State Government: Military Expenditures - Revolutionary War. Military Service Pay
- This series contains pay certificates for 1782-1783
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) (Search as Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928))
- Biographical or historical data
- In October 1782 the General Assembly passed an act authorizing soldiers and officers of the Virginia lines on continental and state establishments to receive interest on certificates issued for pay. As a further relief, the certificates were authorized to be receivable for taxes. The sheriff who collected the taxes endorsed the back of the certificate and gave a receipt to the taxpayer. The certificate was then sent to the auditor of public accounts, who issued a warrant charging the tax to the soldier or officer and deducting the amount from the principal due him.
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 217
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Military pay certificates, 1782-1783
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Military pay certificates, 1782-1783
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/XzxvrbkIUyU/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/XzxvrbkIUyU/">Military pay certificates, 1782-1783</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...