The Resource Correspondence of T. E. Stratton, M.D., President, 1886-1887
- Correspondence of T. E. Stratton, M.D., President, 1886-1887
- Administrative agencies -- Records and correspondence
- Public health -- Virginia -- 19th century
- Personal papers
- Quarantine -- Virginia -- 19th century
- Richmond (Va.)
- Norfolk (Va.) -- History -- 19th century
- Ships -- Disinfection -- 19th century
- Letters (correspondence)
- Urban health
- Richmond (Va.) -- Officials and employees
- Richmond (Va.) -- History -- 19th century
- Stratton, T. E
- Correspondence, 1886-1887, of T. E. Stratton, a physician and president of the Richmond Board of Health. The great majority of letters are written to Stratton from a range of correspondents, including Richmond citizens inquiring about sanitation problems in their neighborhoods; colleagues in other urban areas, including Philadelphia and Brooklyn, requesting or agreeing to consultation on shared challenges; and various officials responding to Stratton's concerns about the health inspections of vessels entering Richmond ports. One letter from the quarantine officer at Norfolk, Virginia, 9 August 1887, describes in detail the standard procedure followed at that city's quarantine station
- Biographical or historical data
- T. E. Stratton was a physician and president of the Richmond Board of Health during the years represented by this collection, 1886-1887.
- Cataloging source
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
ContextContext of Correspondence of T. E. Stratton, M.D., President, 1886-1887
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Correspondence of T. E. Stratton, M.D., President, 1886-1887
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Y8NzqTLLs5s/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Y8NzqTLLs5s/">Correspondence of T. E. Stratton, M.D., President, 1886-1887</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...