The Resource [Plan for unidentified bank building, Portland, Maine], n.d.
- [Plan for unidentified bank building, Portland, Maine], n.d.
- Inclusive dates
- This photographic copy shows a page from Alexander Parris' sketchbook depicting the floor plan for an unidentified bank building in Portland, Maine. Documentation on the origin of this photograph is maintained in the Special Collections Picture Collections at the Library of Virginia
- Biographical or historical data
- Alexander Parris, architect and builder, was born in Hebron, Maine, in 1780, and trained as a carpenter's apprentice in his youth. After studying design in Portland, Maine, Parris went on to design a number of residential buildings. Parris came to Richmond, Virginia, around 1811 and designed at least two residences, the Virginia Executive Mansion (1811-1812) and the Wickham House (1811-1812). After serving in the War of 1812 as captain in a company of artificers (engineers), Parris settled in Boston. There, he designed or oversaw construction on a number of significant structures such as the David Sears House (1816), St. Paul's Church (1819), Quincy Market (1825-1826), and Boston Custom House (1837-1847). Alexander Parris was appointed civil engineer of the Portsmouth (New Hampshire) Navy Yard in 1848. Parris died at his home in Pembroke, Maine in 1852.
- Cataloging source
- Location of originals duplicates
- American Antiquarian Society
ContextContext of [Plan for unidentified bank building, Portland, Maine], n.d.
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work [Plan for unidentified bank building, Portland, Maine], n.d.
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/YDnuEY1BVtU/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/YDnuEY1BVtU/">[Plan for unidentified bank building, Portland, Maine], n.d.</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...