The Resource St. Paul's United Brethern Church (Staunton, Va.) records, 1904-1932
- St. Paul's United Brethern Church (Staunton, Va.) records, 1904-1932
- Inclusive dates
- Brethren (Church of the Brethren) -- Virginia | Staunton
- Genealogies -- Virginia
- St. Paul's United Brethren Church (Staunton, Va.)
- Financial records
- Clippings (information artifacts)
- Staunton (Va.) -- Church history -- 20th century
- Church records -- Virginia | Staunton
- Genealogies -- Maryland
- Records, 1904-1932, of St. Paul's United Brethren Church in Staunton, Virginia, including trustees' minutes (1 volume and 2 folders), receipts and disbursements (1 volume), and scrapbooks containing newspaper clippings on genealogy and heraldry (3 volumes). The minute books cover the years 1915-1932, and also include pastors, treasurers, and committee reports. The receipts and disbursements are for the years 1923 to 1930. The newspaper clippings were published in the "Baltimore Sun" in 1904 and 1906-1907
- Biographical or historical data
- St. Paul's United Brethren Church began in 1887 as the "Staunton Mission Station" of a denomination which had been influential in Augusta County since the 1790's. Rev. J. W. Howe, the first pastor, had served Shenandoah Valley churches and organized new ones since his appointment in to the United Brethren Augusta Circuit in 1858. The first building was located on South Lewis Street. In 1903, the property was sold and the church acquired a new location at the corner of Washington and Beverley Streets. The new church was remodeled in the 1940's, and again in 1964, during the pastorate of Dr. John R. Sawyer, who served the church for 38 years. In 1968, the Methodist Church and the Evangelical United Brethren Church merged. Today it is known as St. Paul's United Methodist Church and is located on Shutterlee Mill Road.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of St. Paul's United Brethern Church (Staunton, Va.) records, 1904-1932
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work St. Paul's United Brethern Church (Staunton, Va.) records, 1904-1932
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/YZm-j1lxOoA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/YZm-j1lxOoA/">St. Paul's United Brethern Church (Staunton, Va.) records, 1904-1932</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...