The Resource Warren County (Va.) Road and Bridge Records, Volume 1, 1836-1875
- Warren County (Va.) Road and Bridge Records, Volume 1, 1836-1875
- Inclusive dates
- Warren County (Va.) Road and Bridge Records, Volume 1, 1836-1875, is a list of roads and Surveryors of Roads in Warren County. The book includes an index
- Biographical or historical data
- Warren County was named for Joseph Warren, the revolutionary patriot who sent Paul Revere and William Dawes on their famous rides and who was killed at the Battle of Bunker Hill. The county was formed from Frederick and Shenandoah counties in 1836.
- Before the Bird Road Act of 1932, counties were responsible for the control, construction, alteration, and maintenance of the roads and bridges in their locale. People living along sections of the road were responsible for its maintenance. An individual Surveyor of the Road was appointed from among the residents in each section of the road, to oversee the work for that section of the road.
- Cataloging source
- Location of other archival material
- Additional Warren County Court Records can be found on microiflm at the Library of Virginia. Consult "A Guide to Virginia County and City Records on Microfilm" found on the Library of Virginia web site.
ContextContext of Warren County (Va.) Road and Bridge Records, Volume 1, 1836-1875
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Warren County (Va.) Road and Bridge Records, Volume 1, 1836-1875
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Yef2rTnwCVc/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Yef2rTnwCVc/">Warren County (Va.) Road and Bridge Records, Volume 1, 1836-1875</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...