The Resource Apartment house, 1915.
- Apartment house, 1915.
- Inclusive dates
- Architecture -- Virginia | Richmond -- 20th century
- Richmond (Va.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. -- 20th century
- Architectural drawings
- Asbury, Otis K., (Otis Kerr), b. 1882
- Asbury & Whitehurst (Richmond, Va.)
- Stuart Circle Hospital (Richmond, Va.)
- Apartment houses
- Dwellings -- Virginia | Richmond
- Elevations (orthographic projections)
- Whitehurst, Herbert C., (Herbert Clinton), 1886-1948
- Business records -- Virginia | Richmond
- Architectural drawings, 1915, by the firm Asbury & Whitehurst (Richmond, Va.) entitled "Apartment House, Richmond, Virginia." This accession is comprised of seven sheets including several floor plans and the front, rear, and west elevations. This Tudor-style apartment house is sometimes referred to Stuart Hall and is located at the southeast corner of West Avenue and Lombardy Street in Richmond. These apartment homes may have been occupied by the staff of Stuart Circle Hospital
- Biographical or historical data
- Otis K. Asbury, the son of a North Carolina architect, served as a draftsman for Charles K. Bryant for at least five years before setting up a practice in 1911 with Herbert C. Whitehurst, the son of a prosperous Richmond manufacturer of sash, blinds, and doors. Most of the known examples of their work are in the Colonial Revival style and a number can be found on Richmond's historic Monument Avenue.
- Cataloging source
- Location of other archival material
- Baskervill & Son (Richmond, Va.). Alterations & Additions, Stuart Circle Hospital, 1954 (43634c).
- Brooks & Womack, Architects (Richmond, Va.). Addition to Stuart Circle Hospital, 1969 (43634d).
ContextContext of Apartment house, 1915.
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Apartment house, 1915.
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Z-MeoESnaq4/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Z-MeoESnaq4/">Apartment house, 1915.</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...