The Resource !UNKNOWN LABEL
- !UNKNOWN LABEL
- Bays -- Law and legislation -- Virginia
- Water -- Pollution -- Chesapeake Bay (Md. and Va.)
- Chesapeake Bay (Md. and Va.) -- Law and Legislation
- Watershed management. -- Chesapeake Bay Region (Md. and Va.)
- Chesapeake Bay (Md. and Va.) -- Management
- State government records -- Virginia
- Chesapeake Bay Program
- Chesapeake Bay (Md. and Va.)
- Wetlands. -- Protection -- Chesapeake Bay Region (Md. and Va.)
- Environmental policy -- Chesapeake Bay (Md. and Va.)
- Bays -- Law and legislation -- Maryland
- Chesapeake Bay Commission
- Biographical or historical data
- The Chesapeake Bay Commission is a tri-state legislative commission created in 1980 (S350, chap. 662, approved Apr. 4, 1980) to advise the general assemblies of Maryland, Virginia and Pennsylvania on matters relating to the Chesapeake Bay. The commission serves as the legislative arm of the multi-jurisdictional Chesapeake Bay Program and acts in an advisory capacity. The commission consists of 21 members: five legislators from each state, cabinet secretary from each state who is responsible for managing natural resources, and three citizen representatives.
- The Chesapeake Bay Program was created in 1983 to direct the restoration and protection the Chesapeake Bay, focusing on the Bay's living resources and researching the problems of nutrient over-enrichment, dwindling underwater Bay grasses, and toxic pollution. The program is a unique regional partnership that is led by the Chesapeake Executive Council. The members of the council include the governors of Maryland, Virginia and Pennsylvania; the mayor of the District of Columbia; the administrator of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency; and the chair of the Chesapeake Bay Commission.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Agency history
ContextContext of !UNKNOWN LABEL
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work !UNKNOWN LABEL
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Z2ptFnd1oTE/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Z2ptFnd1oTE/">!UNKNOWN LABEL</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...