The Resource Jacksonville and Christiansburg Turnpike Company records, 1852-1861
- Jacksonville and Christiansburg Turnpike Company records, 1852-1861
- Inclusive dates
- These records contain letters sent, reports, lists of subscribers, and certificates of stock subscriptions
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works (search author as Virginia Board of Public Works)
- Biographical or historical data
- An act of the General Assembly passed March 24, 1851 incorporated the Jacksonville and Christiansburg Turnpike Company to construct a road from Jacksonville in Floyd County through the town of Christiansburg, to the line of the Virginia and Tennessee Railroad, in Montgomery County. Capital stock was set at $12,000 with the Board of Public Works authorized to subscribe to 3/5 or $7,500. Construction costs were limited to $400 per mile. March 12, 1853, funds were increased by $14,000 to extend the road from Jacksonville at the point where the present Mawberry Gap road from Patrick Courthouse enters Jacksonville by the most direct and practicable route, by Patrick Courthouse to the North Carolina line. February 2, 1874, the General Assembly approved transferring the state's interest in the company to the counties involved.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 291
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works inventory
ContextContext of Jacksonville and Christiansburg Turnpike Company records, 1852-1861
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Jacksonville and Christiansburg Turnpike Company records, 1852-1861
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/ZUuT-dfE67c/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/ZUuT-dfE67c/">Jacksonville and Christiansburg Turnpike Company records, 1852-1861</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...