The Resource [Plans for Burnt Quarter, Dinwiddie County, Virginia],
- [Plans for Burnt Quarter, Dinwiddie County, Virginia],
- Architecture -- Virginia | Dinwiddie County -- 17th-18th century
- Burnt Quarter (Dinwiddie County, Va.)
- Dinwiddie County (Va.) -- Buildings, structures, etc
- Architectural drawings -- Virginia | Dinwiddie County
- Coleman, Robert
- Dwellings -- Virginia | Dinwiddie County
- Virginia -- Buildings, structures, etc
- These two floor plans depict Burnt Quarter in Dinwiddie County, Virginia, built for Robert Coleman in the early 18th century. Several additions and alterations were added in subsequent years. The floor plan shows the original central portion and the additional east and west wings. Room measurements and uses are noted on the plan. One sheet includes a detail of casing used in the parlor. The drawing is unsigned
- The reverse of one of the sheets is marked "pts. 1 & 2 photocopied Feby 1969 from MS drawing loaned by Va. Historic Landmarks Commission."
- Biographical or historical data
- Named for British colonel Banastre Tarleton's burning of a grain quarter while raiding during the Revolutionary War, Burnt Quarter was built for Robert Coleman in the early 18th century. The home received several additions in the years following construction of the central portion. The home was used as Union Army headquarters during the Civil War Battle of Five Forks (April 1, 1865). The home is on the Virginia Landmarks Register and the National Register of Historic Places.
- Cataloging source
- Location of originals duplicates
- Department of Historic Resources
ContextContext of [Plans for Burnt Quarter, Dinwiddie County, Virginia],
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work [Plans for Burnt Quarter, Dinwiddie County, Virginia],
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/ZXTVVUnxUT4/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/ZXTVVUnxUT4/">[Plans for Burnt Quarter, Dinwiddie County, Virginia],</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...