The Resource Answers to interrogatories, 1884-1885
- Answers to interrogatories, 1884-1885
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Disbursements to Localities and Individuals: Local Government Expenses - Clerks
- This series contains the questionnaires and the clerks' answers, as well as supporting documents submitted by the clerks to prove they had sent funds to the auditor in the correct amounts. The series is not complete for the state
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928). (Search Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- In 1884 the General Assembly investigated financial mismanagement in state government, particularly in the office of the auditor of public accounts. A resolution passed on 29 November 1884 authorized a special committee of the House of Delegates to formulate questionnaires and send them to current and former clerks of courts. Information was requested about their transactions with the auditor from 1879-1884. As a result of this investigation, changes were made in the operation of the auditor's office.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 697
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Answers to interrogatories, 1884-1885
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Answers to interrogatories, 1884-1885
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/ZZTMEp-ou90/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/ZZTMEp-ou90/">Answers to interrogatories, 1884-1885</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...