The Resource 1877-1885
- Inclusive dates
- Local government records -- Virginia | Charlotte County
- Law partnership -- Virginia | Charlotte County
- Lawyers -- Virginia | Charlotte County
- Daybooks -- Virginia | Charlotte County
- Business records -- Virginia | Charlotte County
- Account books -- Virginia | Charlotte County
- Charlotte County (Va.) -- History -- 19th century
- Actions and defenses -- Virginia
- Legal services -- Virginia | Charlotte County
- Watkins, Isaac R
- Watkins and Jones (Charlotte County, Va.)
- Jones, Thomas N
- Watkins and Jones account book and daybook, 1877-1885, records the transactions of the law partnership located at Charlotte Court House, Virginia. The account book portion of the volume records the expense accounts of the law partners. Each account lists transactions in chronological order. Information found in each entry includes date of transaction, expenses rendered, amount owed, form of payment, and amount paid. Type of expenses include office rent, payment for servants, and postage. The daybook portion of the volume records in chronological order court cases involving Watkins and Jones. Information found in entries include court term when suit was heard, style of suit, and summary of suit. Type of suits include criminal, judgments and chancery. The volume also lists the sale of Thomas N. Jones' personal property on November 28, 1885. It records the name of purchaser, items purchased, and amount paid. Volume is in poor condition due to damaged spine
- Member of
- Biographical or historical data
- Watkins and Jones was a law partnership in Charlotte County, Virginia, that consisted of Isaac R. Watkins and Thomas N. Jones. Watkins and Jones heard cases in various localities in Virginia including Charlotte County, Halifax County, Cumberland County, Dinwiddie County, and Prince Edward County.
- The account book was used as an exhibit in the chancery suit Tucker C. Watkins and wife, etc., versus Administrator of Thomas N. Jones, etc., heard in the Charlotte County Circuit Court.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Watkins and Jones account book and daybook
- Location of other archival material
- For additional information see the Charlotte County Chancery Cause, Tucker C. Watkins and wife, etc., versus Administrator of Thomas N. Jones, etc. It can be found in the Local Records Collection at the Library of Virginia. The index number is 1894-009.
ContextContext of 1877-1885
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1877-1885
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/ZpgeamVZScw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/ZpgeamVZScw/">1877-1885</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...