The Resource 1864 Oct. 17
- 1864 Oct. 17
- Inclusive dates
- 1864 Oct. 17
- Confederate States of America
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Health aspects
- Heart. -- Abnormalities -- Virginia | Greene County
- Heart. -- Hypertrophy -- Virginia | Greene County
- Military records
- Greene Count (Va.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- Virginia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- Thornton, J. L, b. ca. 1824
- Personal papers -- Virginia | Greene County
- Certificate of exemption, 17 October 1864, declaring J. L. Thornton (b. ca. 1824), a farmer from Greene County, Virginia, to be exempt from military duty due to hypertrophy of the heart
- Biographical or historical data
- Born about 1824, J. L. Thornton was a farmer in Greene County, Virginia. He and his first wife Nannie Thornton (1831-1860) had at least one child, and he and his second wife Mary Thornton (b. ca. 1840) had six children.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Certificate of exemption
- Location of other archival material
- Other records relating to exemptions from Confederate military service can be found in the Archives of the Government of the Confederate States of America, Record Group 109, National Archives and Records Administration, Washington, D.C.
ContextContext of 1864 Oct. 17
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1864 Oct. 17
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/_CswDdSSgzc/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/_CswDdSSgzc/">1864 Oct. 17</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...