The Resource Ivan Butterworth scrapbooks, 1922-1964
- Ivan Butterworth scrapbooks, 1922-1964
- Inclusive dates
- Dinwiddie High School (Dinwiddie County, Va.)
- School sports. -- Virginia | Dinwiddie County
- Dinwiddie County (Va.) -- History -- 20th century
- Butterworth, Ivan, 1904-1984
- Dinwiddie County (Va.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- Dinwiddie County (Va.)
- Randolph-Macon College
- Personal papers
- Letters (correspondence)
- High schools -- Virginia | Dinwiddie County
- Scrapbooks, 1922-1964, of Ivan Butterworth (1904-1984) of Dinwiddie County, Virginia. There are three volumes documenting his activities as a student, teacher, and principal at Dinwiddie High School. They contain newspaper clippings, photographs, correspondence, greeting cards, and other ephemera. There is a great deal of information concerning Randolph-Macon College and Dinwiddie High School sports and academics, including photographs of students, faculty, classes, and teams. Many of the clippings are summaries and scores of sports events. There are also photographs of historic sites around Virginia and the nation, and also information concerning the activities of the Dinwiddie County Civil War Centennial Committee
- Additional physical form
- Also available on microfilm (Misc. Reel 5405).
- Biographical or historical data
- Ivan Butterworth was born in Dinwiddie County, Virginia on 4 December 1904. He was the son of Howard Keen Butterworth (1859-1935) and Marianne Cousins (1869-1950). He attended Randolph-Macon College and Columbia University. Butterworth was a teacher and later principal at Dinwiddie High School. During World War II, he served in the Coast Guard, and also was employed at Hercules Powder Company in Hopewell, Virginia. Butterworth was also chairman of the Dinwiddie County Civil War Centennial Committee. He died in November 1984.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Ivan Butterworth scrapbooks, 1922-1964
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Ivan Butterworth scrapbooks, 1922-1964
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/_nKT0A-IS6M/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/_nKT0A-IS6M/">Ivan Butterworth scrapbooks, 1922-1964</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...