The Resource Andrew J. Metz papers, 1995-2010
- Andrew J. Metz papers, 1995-2010
- Inclusive dates
- Title variation
- Holocaust: history and recollections
- Papers, 1995-2010, of Dr. Andrew J. Metz (b. 1923) of Richmond, Virginia, concerning his participation in the liberation of the Ebensee concentration camp while serving with the 305th Medical Battalion in the 80th Infantry Division during World War II. Included in the collection is a presentation by Metz entitled "Holocaust: History and Recollections" (27 leaves), as well as a list of camps liberated with name of the Army unit and date, a 1995 V-E Day program, and newspaper clippings
- Biographical or historical data
- Dr. Andrew John Metz was born in Richmond, Virginia on 3 September 1923. He attended the Virginia Military Institute from 1941 to 1942, then enlisted in the United States Army on 16 November 1942. Metz served with the 305th Medical Batallion of the 80th Infantry Division. Following the war, he graduated from the Illinois College of Optometry, and then returned to Richmond where he operated a private practice.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Andrew J. Metz papers, 1995-2010
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Andrew J. Metz papers, 1995-2010
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/a6qy2sB__XE/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/a6qy2sB__XE/">Andrew J. Metz papers, 1995-2010</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...