The Resource Salt Fund accounts and vouchers, 1862-1865
- Salt Fund accounts and vouchers, 1862-1865
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Administration of State Government: Funds - Salt Fund
- The accounts contain the names of persons to whom payments were made, the amounts, and the dates paid. The vouchers include the names of persons to whom money was owed, the amounts, and the dates the vouchers were submitted
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) (Search as Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928))
- Biographical or historical data
- On 9 May 1862 the General Assembly passed an act authorizing the county courts to purchase and distribute salt. During its October 1862 session the General Assembly passed an act authorizing the governor to encourage the production of salt for the state. In 1863 the General Assembly passed another act regulating the production and distribution of salt. This act established a superintendent of salt works and a board of supervisors. A superintendent's certificate approved by the board of supervisors entitled the holder, whose property had been leased or purchased by the state, to receive the funds due him.
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 155
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Salt Fund accounts and vouchers, 1862-1865
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Salt Fund accounts and vouchers, 1862-1865
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/aW_PnyC0Wek/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/aW_PnyC0Wek/">Salt Fund accounts and vouchers, 1862-1865</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...