The Resource Robert Archer eulogy, 1877
- Robert Archer eulogy, 1877
- Inclusive dates
- Eulogy, 1877, of Dr. Robert Archer (1794-1877) of Richmond, Virginia, given by an unnamed friend. Includes discussion of Archer's many professional pursuits, including his medical training, work as an army surgeon, time spent as a farmer in Elizabeth City County, and a position with the Tredegar Iron Company in Richmond. Also touches on Archer's intellect, disposition, and relationship with wife Frances Williamson Archer. This collection is located on frames 2-19 of the reel
- Biographical or historical data
- Robert Archer was born on 28 August 1794 in Norfolk, Virginia, and married Frances Williamson on 28 March 1816. He began an army career during the War of 1812, initially joining the infantry but quickly being moved to surgery duties. Retiring from the army some 25 years later as post surgeon at Fortress Monroe, he went on to farm in Elizabeth City County. Later moving to Richmond, Archer took a position with Tredegar Iron Company, which was managed by his son-in-law, Joseph Reid Anderson. Archer died at his home on Franklin Street in Richmond on 19 May 1877, survived by his wife and eight of their twelve children.
- Cataloging source
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
ContextContext of Robert Archer eulogy, 1877
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Robert Archer eulogy, 1877
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/a_yCQUhk2Fk/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/a_yCQUhk2Fk/">Robert Archer eulogy, 1877</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...