The Resource Office building for the State of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia, 1923.
- Office building for the State of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia, 1923.
- Inclusive dates
- Architecture -- Virginia | Richmond -- 20th century
- Carneal & Johnston (Richmond, Va.)
- Richmond (Va.) -- Buildings, structures, etc
- Office buildings -- Virginia | Richmond -- Designs and plans
- Virginia -- Capital and capitol
- Public buildings -- Virginia | Richmond
- Architectural drawings | Virginia | Richmond
- Drawings are signed: "Carneal & Johnston, Architects and Engineers, Richmond, Virginia"
- This accession consists of the architectural, mechanical, and structural plans for the State Office Building, now known as the Washington Building, on Capitol Square designed by the Richmond, Virginia, firm Carneal and Johnston. The General Assembly appropriated money for the structure in 1922 and 1923 (Acts, 1922 Chapter 151, pages 235-237 and Acts, 1923 Chapter 72, pages 94-95), and the building was completed in 1924 on the southeast corner of the square. The open U-shaped building was the first highrise office building on Capitol Square. It features a limestone base with a simple Doric portico. A terra cotta cornice and sculptural elements also adorn the structure. All of the drawings in this accession are noted as being "Revised."
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- VIRGINIA STATE OFFICE BUILDING : CARNEAL & JOHNSTON, ARCHITECTS AND ENGINEERS : JOHN T. WILSON CO. INC., SUPERVISING CONTRACTOR : SOUVENIR OPENING, RICHMOND, VA., FEBRUARY 22, 1924. [S.l. : s.n., 1924]
- Location of other archival material
- LVA Accession 36641.
ContextContext of Office building for the State of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia, 1923.
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Office building for the State of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia, 1923.
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/ay_H1LlbCOc/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/ay_H1LlbCOc/">Office building for the State of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia, 1923.</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...